Debt Settlement in Idaho
New Era Debt Solutions has helped thousands of Idaho consumers clear their names swiftly through low-cost, ethical channels of debt relief. Here’s how we can help you get started today:
- Call 800.527.4421 for a free consultation with New Era Debt Solutions.
- Get a grasp on how to succeed with debt relief.
- Explore debt reduction options that have worked for others from Idaho.
Explore Your Options for Debt Relief
Here is a brief description of each of those five debt relief methods.
1. Pay Minimum Monthly Payments
It might feel like some progress is being made toward paying down a debt making minimum payments, but this just may just be the worst strategy for repaying a debt.
2. Credit Counseling Plans or Debt Management Programs
Debt management programs such as credit counseling involve working with a debt counselor to organize a repayment strategy. Typically, you’ll make a single monthly payment to a credit counseling agency which then distributes the funds to your creditors on your behalf, ideally while securing a lower interest rate in the process. 100% of the debt plus any accrued interest still has to be repaid and these programs are designed to take 3 to 5 years to complete, but the advantage is that they are often offered for free.
3. Debt Consolidation Cards or Loans
With debt consolidation, you take out a loan or credit card with low-interest and use that money to pay off other unsecured loans with higher interest rates. This can consolidate multiple monthly payments into a single one that should amount to less than what was being paid for before. This form of debt relief offers a way to reduce the amount being lost in interest, but a debt consolidation loan can be hard to qualify for without great credit and the promotional interest rate may disappear if the loan is not repaid within the time limit.
4. Debt Settlement or Debt Negotiation in Idaho
Debt settlement is unique from the first three options in that the actual principal balance owed on the debt is reduced through negotiation. With up to 50% being removed from the owed debt, settlement can generally a faster and less expensive debt relief option than either debt counseling or debt consolidation.
5. Filing for Bankruptcy
For individuals with creditors that are no longer willing to negotiate a settlement deal, bankruptcy may be an inevitable outcome. Formally declaring bankruptcy in Idaho puts a halt to the creditor collection process and some or all of the unsecured debt is cleared depending on which type of bankruptcy is filed, but the debtor’s ability to borrow on credit is significantly harmed for years afterward.
Figure Out What’s Best For You
Do you have a legitimate financial hardship condition?
Most debt problems in Idaho are caused by medical issues, a sudden loss of income, or going through a divorce/separation. Each of these situations can create a legitimate financial hardship that could occur to anyone through no fault of their own, but any one of these hardships can wreak serious havoc on the stability of your household budget.
If you’d prefer to work things out with your creditors rather than declare bankruptcy and you’re neck-deep in unsecured debt, then Iadho Debt Settlement could provide an honest and ethical alternative to declaring bankruptcy. From Ada County to Canyon County, debt settlement can help reduce unsecured debt and provide breathing room to help you get your finances back on track.
Are you committed to becoming debt-free?
Debt Settlement is an aggressive approach to debt relief that can present an occasional challenge. It is not a “free ride” system for those who want to skip out on paying their bills. Your ability to stick to the plan, even when the road gets a little bumpy, is often the most important thing in determining how successful your efforts are. For those who are willing to stay the course until the end of the program, debt settlement can provide you with a faster, lower-cost debt relief option than any other solution available.
Is most of your debt from credit cards?
Most forms of unsecured debt can be negotiated down through settlement such as department store cards, financing contracts, lines of credit, signature loans, miscellaneous bills, repossession deficiencies, and more. The deepest discounts, however, are most often acquired from credit card debts; so, if a good portion of your total debt is from unsecured cred cards, then you can likely anticipate good results from using a debt settlement strategy.
Learn More About the Settlement Process
How Does Debt Settlement Work?
Debt Settlement works by negotiating with creditors to arrange a repayment deal on your unsecured personal debt accounts. The principal balance of debt and interest rates can be drastically reduced through this method. By negotiating a much lower total balance, Debt Settlement can provide a much faster means of handling your debt than both Debt Consolidation and Credit Counseling which only reduce the interest rate and do not affect the debt balance.
Most creditors are willing to negotiate a reduced settlement payment to close out an account rather than losing the entire debt in a bankruptcy proceeding. Want to learn more about how settlement works? Give us a call at 800.527.4421 to get help with Boise debt settlement, Meridian debt settlement, or Nampa debt settlement today.
You can include the following types of debt in a New Era Debt Settlement Program:
- Credit cards
- Signature loans
- Department store cards
- Old judgments
- Personal lines of credit
- Old repossessions
- Private student loans in default
- Other unsecured debts
The following types of debt do not qualify:
- Federal student loans
- Home mortgages
- Medical / Hospital bills
- Car loans
- Credit Union debts
- Other secured debts
Idaho Debt Settlement Services by City
- Boise Debt Settlement
- Meridian Debt Settlement
- Nampa Debt Settlement
- Idaho Falls Debt Settlement
- Pocatello Debt Settlement
- Caldwell Debt Settlement
- Cœur d’Alene Debt Settlement
- Twin Falls Debt Settlement
- Post Falls Debt Settlement
- Lewiston Debt Settlement
This list is not exhaustive. Be sure to check with your Idaho debt counselor.
Can I Trust New Era?
By asking 14 important questions, you can set the good settlement firms from the bad ones straight away. It also never hurts to check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to see what the company’s average customer rating and complaint history are like with consumers from Idaho.
New Era Debt Solutions has maintained a BBB rating of A+ and has helped consumers from across the country become debt-free since 1999. Our team of debt experts has settled more than $250,000,000 in debt during our time in the industry.
From Kootenai County, Bonneville County, Bannock County & more, Idahoans have come to us seeking freedom from their debt for over two decades. But don’t just take our word for it. Visit our testimonials page to see what other clients’ experiences have been like.
Here’s what makes New Era different:
No Fees Upfront. Debt settlement is a service that cannot be charged for until or unless the debt has been settled. Period. This is the only legal way to charge for settlement fees as per an FTC ruling effective October 27, 2010.
- No “Add-On” or “Hidden” Fees. Some settlement firms try to get around this law by charging extraneous fees for administrative, signing, or consultation purposes, but ethical debt settlement companies, such as New Era, only charge a settlement fee which is not paid for until after the settlement deal has been struck.
- End-to-End Service. A portion of the debt settlement industry is composed of sales groups who are looking for settlement leads and then sell or pass your them off to a different company to handle your settlement negotiations themselves. The problem here is that this means your financial data can be passed around between multiple third parties and the original salesperson who took on the account may have little to no control or interest in how well debt is actually settled in the end. When looking for a settlement company, you should always look for one that will handle your program in-house from beginning to end, such as New Era.
- Veteran Industry Experience. With the crash of the sub-prime mortgage industry in the late 2000s, many new debt settlement companies being led by former mortgage industry professionals began to springup. These new debt settlement firms lack the experience and the relationships that lead to your best settlement discounts. Always look for companies who have been around long enough to amass a solid track record of successful settlements in Idaho. For example, New Era has been around for over 20 years and has more than $250,000,000 in debt for our clients.
Get Started with Idaho Debt Relief
New Era negotiators are experts at landing you some of the best settlement deals in all of Idaho, but the offers don’t last forever. The ones who are most successful in their settlement efforts are typically the ones that are ready and willing to respond immediately.
Contact us at New Era Debt Solutions to get a free debt analysis & see how much time and money you can save with the right approach to debt relief.